21. januar 2008

Appetite for Destruction


As Magnus wrote in the last blog, we think a lot about food (Guro in special). But, sometimes hunger lead you to unexpected, good things. To make the history long:

Tonight Magnus hangs out with Laurel and I have been to a concert at a small venue on Fairfax; Genghis Cohen (740 N Fairfax Ave.). I saw the last two songs of a band (name is totally uninteresting) playing what I would call boring collegerock. Then Abbot Kinney played an acoustic set. To my and, I think, A.K.´s frustration, that other band where sitting in the back with their friends talking as loud as only americans can. For those of you who read this blog and are in LA on Wednesday, go see Abbot Kinney with full band @ The Derby!!

THEN, after the concert, I realized how hungry (oh yes, hungry) I was and went south on Fairfax, down to a place called Canter´s. Waiting for my pasta I discovered this Guns´N´Roses biography for sale, written/photographed by Slash´s good friend from junior High, Marc Canter (see? Canter´s - Marc Canter?!). As the old GnR fan I am I had to buy the book and learned that Slash actually went to Fairfax High School, right across the street for our "LA home" Banana Bungalow!

The penne pesto at Canter´s was great btw. Nice diner with nice people behind the counter, and a lot of old, strange stuff to look at, most of all the cash register. Strongly recommended. Approx 400-something N Fairfax Ave.

We are also preparing for San Francisco beside packing our bags, and have bought tickets to a concert in San Fran: Gallows (UK) @ Slim´s on Thursday. Rawk.

Now Im considering whether I should go to sleep or go out... TBC...

Ingen kommentarer: